A Free gathering time for People interested in Permaculture from Whatcom County to come together and discuss ideas.
Open homes, gardens and farms, films, community gardens, educational workshops, permablitzes (garden makeovers) and more. It’s an opportunity to experience permaculture and meet its practitioners. Visitors can see these myriad initiatives, ask questions and decide for themselves whether the permaculture design system has relevance to the challenges we face and to creating communities that are resilient in the face of undesirable and unforeseeable impacts. Meet-ups will be hosted at a varieties of location throughout whatcom county. Lending to a diversity of contexts and topics to be covered. Hope to see you there!
How can we best showcase Permaculture?
Join other folks interested in permaculture for an informal discussion. How can we move Permaculture forward here in Whatcom county. How can we as a community form guilds of different skill sets, aid in promoting permaculture related events and work within our community to install permaculture systems such as food forests, lending libraries, speakers forums and cooperative nurseries. Come bring your idea to share!
Here are some ideas for topics to discuss.
- What is the plant of the month?
- Seed Saving
- Pruning trees
- Community organizations.
- Plant propagation
- Fall bed prep
- Other topics?
- Date is the last Friday of each month generally from about 4-7pm, times can change slightly depending on hosts and seasons.
- Normally there is a time to tour the site and talk about design, and a time to sit and talk as a group about various topics.
- Locations will be announced here in the events page and on the Whatcom Permaculture facebook group.
- Sometimes we have a Potluck dinner, snacks or fruit tasting but that is optional and up to the each Monthly host.
- Bring something for the sharing table: seeds, plants, books, snacks.
- Sign up below to receive an email announcement.